Congratulations! By choosing to have an Ultherapy™ treatment, you are doing something wonderful for your skin. As the skin matures, the collagen fibers that provide internal support become worn. Ultherapy’s ultrasound energy reaches deep below the surface of your skin to initiate your body’s own natural repair process. Over time, this results in the creation of new, healthy, strong collagen and a variety of positive skin changes.
Because the rejuvenation process occurs naturally, it occurs gradually. Just as strengthening muscles or growing taller takes time and is not evident from day to day, the effects of Ultherapy build slowly and subtly. In this world of immediate feedback, we want to reassure you that patience is a virtue, and that results can take two to three months to unfold.
Responsiveness varies from patient to patient, and, in some infrequent cases, the results are “subclinical;” that is, the collagen rebuilding on the inside does not become readily apparent on the outside.
- In the early days following treatment, patients commonly report a firmer skin feel and, as an added bonus, a smoothing out of fine lines. While this immediate “plumping effect” is temporary, it signals that the beneficial process of new collagen generation has begun.
- Additional skin firming, tightening and actual lifting is reported to occur over the next 2-3 months after the treatment (and sometimes longer), specifically:
- elevation of the brow, leading to the opening up of the eye area, reduced hooding of the eyelids, softening of the wrinkles around the eyes, and a more “rested” appearance in general
- a gentle lifting of the skin on the cheeks to a higher, more youthful position, resulting in an overall “ovaling” effect
- Patients also note a softening of the creases around their nose and mouth and a sleeker, more defined jawline.
- Reduced pore size and a more even skin color can also be welcomed benefits.
|Target areas||Immediate||First Week+||Day 30+||Day 60+||Day 90 and beyond|
(circle present concerns) Lifting/tightening/ contouring Sagging eyelid skin Lax, loose skin on the cheeks Poorly defined jawline Jowls/Marionette lines or folds Downturned mouth Folds from nose to mouth
|Slight tightening Minor swelling (occasional)||Slight tightening||Slight tightening||Brow elevation (overall or outer portion) Tighter/better-fitting skin Less hooding/more lid showing Reduction in folds/lines between nose and corner of mouth Reduction in folds/lines from corner of mouth downward||Brow elevation (overall or outer portion) Tighter/better-fitting skin Less hooding/more lid showing Lifting of cheek tissue for overall ovaling effect of lower 2/3 of face Reduction in folds/lines between nose and corner of mouth Reduction in folds/lines from corner of mouth downward Sleeker, more defined jawline; Jowls reduced Cheeks less sunken, more volume Corners of mouth turned up|
Lax/loose Stiff/not resilient Dry/rough
|Tautness Slight tenderness Tingling||Firmer Slight tenderness to touch||Firmer More receptive to make-up, shaving||Firmer Tighter, better-fitting skin Softer, more resilient Smoother||Firmer, thicker/more cushioned Tighter, better-fitting skin Softer, more resilient Smoother|
|Texture Fine lines Wrinkles Creases Crepe paper-like appearance Enlarged pores||Slight plumping of fine lines||Slight plumping of fine lines||Smoother texture||Reduced crepe paper texture Smaller pores||Reduced crepe paper texture Smaller pores|
|Color Tiny blood vessels Generalized redness||Minor bruising (occasional) Erythema (redness)||Minor bruising (occasional)||More even tone Brighter||More even tone Brighter||More even tone Brighte|